A Night to Remember - Auction now open!
Set to explode on to the Dunedin Town Hall stage on Friday, 17th February, A Night to Remember will feature the world’s best rowing crew Hamish Bond and Eric Murray as guest speakers. Their record on the water is without peer.
Bids are now being taken on the auction items to be offered at the Otago Medical Research Foundation’s annual dinner – A Night to Remember.
They’ll be joined by the captain of the appalling-performed Australia Sudoku team Mick Colliss, who is now one of the most sought-after speakers across the Tasman. The story of the team’s expedition to the world Sudoku championships in Goa, India will have guests in tears (of laughter!).
This year’s band is the eight-piece Studio 54, featuring vocalist Shannon Cooper-Garland and a three-piece horn section.
Early bids on the items – as seen below – will form the initial bids on the night. If you’re attending the dinner, you’ll be acknowledged as the opening bidder. If you are not going to be there, telephone bidding or a maximum bid limit can be arranged. And if you wish to buy raffle tickets ($20 a ticket and in all nine draws) and aren’t going, that can also be arranged.
Foundation Director of Development
- A Felton Road jeroboam – Pinot Noir block 5 2015.
- A Restaurant Associates (Compass Catering) hosted meal for eight people in the Terrace Room, Dunedin Town Hall, complemented by wines from Mt Difficulty.
- Two seats on the sold-out first-ever southern hemisphere flight to the Southern Lights (Aurora Australis) on Thursday, March 23rd. This a seven-hour flight where you will be part of history and will cross the international date line no fewer than four times.
- Luxury hotels in New Zealand don’t get any better than this! Nestled amongst native West Coast rainforest at Franz Josef is Scenic Hotel Group’s award-winning Te Waonui Forest Retreat. Enjoy two nights’ luxury accommodation for two guests, unparalleled degustation dinners and breakfasts in the Canopy Restaurant. Relax with a 60-minute couple’s massage at Amaia Luxury Spa and enjoy complimentary entry to the Glacier Hot Pools directly adjacent to hotel property.
- A hair-raising ride through the Geraldine forest with Hayden Paddon, the winner of the Production World Rally Championship in 2011, the New Zealand Rally Champion in 2008, 2009 and 2013, and the only New Zealand rally driver to win a leg of the World Rally Championship, that success coming in Argentina last year.
- A Central Otago wine lover’s delight – a 45-bottle compilation from 10 of Central Otago’s finest vineyards (Black Quail, Weaver Estate, Two Degrees, Aurum, Bannock Brae, Maori Point, Two Sisters, Gate 20 Two, Peregrine and Amisfield) along with a tour of the Black Quail vineyard and truffier and a wine tasting with the viticulturalist.
- Two nights’ magnificent accommodation for a couple at Millbrook Resort, a round of golf with a cart and the choice of a luxury Jaguar or Land Rover drive to the venue – with the compliments of Armstrong Prestige Jaguar Land Rover.
- An Emerson’s Brewery tour for six people followed by a beer and whiskey match session in the workshop brewery, accompanied by food in the Emerson’s tap room.
- A Central Otago & Lakes District experience – comprising a Cardrona Snow Farm Nordic package (one night’s accommodation for two people at the lodge with breakfast and dinner included; one day’s cross-country ski hire, one day’s trail pass and an hour’s private cross-country ski lesson), a tour for two through the Cardrona whiskey distillery and a Real Journeys TSS Earnslaw cruise and Walter Peak gourmet barbecue for two people.
- Another Michelle Chalklin-Sinclair classic – a beautiful framed photograph ‘Portobello Road’ (450mm x 450mm).
- Two nights’ magnificent accommodation for two people at The Loft at Hidden Hills in Wanaka along with a luxury drive with the compliments of Armstrong Prestige.
- A Highland Helicopters scenic flight for six people over Dunedin and environs – taking in superb city, coastal and Otago peninsula views.
- Murray Webb at his finest – a prized caricature of Hamish Bond and Eric Murray along with the graphic profiling their super-human efforts since 2009. This will be signed by Hamish and Eric and the successful bidder (if present) will be brought on stage for a photograph with the pair. This is collector’s item of rare quality.
- Preens Dry Cleaners vouchers ($200)
- A year’s worth of Rialto Cinema Dunedin movie vouchers ($384)
- Klone Hair voucher ($250)
- Nova dining voucher ($500)
- Taylormade golf bag from inGOLF ($289)
- MAHER Shoes voucher ($200)
- Farmer’s gift voucher ($200)
- Bloke ($250)
- Suits on Wall St ($200)